This easy quick dinner recipe, is a lot of fun and will add some foreign flar to your next meal.
2 cups water
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound thinnly sliced beef, or you could use chicken if you prefer
1/4 cup sliced green onions
2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 8oz bag of snow peas, or snap peas whatever you can find
- Bring the water to a boil, add in the Quinoa, bring back to a boil, cover, cook on medium heat for 12 minutes- when done set aside.
- In a bowl combine the orange juice, soy sace, and cornstarch whisk really well until cornstarch has dissolved-set aside.
- heat a large fry pan on high heat, when the pan is hot add 2 tablespoon of vegtable oil.
- add your beef or chicken and cook quickly for 2 minutes.
- add in your ginger and onions cook a minute longer, remove meat to a plate while you cook the vegetables, so as not to over cook the meat
- add in your carrots and snow peas, cook 3-5 minutes until crisp tender
- add back in the meat
- add in the orange juice mixture stir to coat allow sauce to thicken slightly 1-2 minutes
- serve over quinoa