This is a Super Easy Recipe I whipped up last night, that I just have to share. I served this with wild rice and roasted fennel, and let me tell you all these flavors really came together to make one very quick and easy dinner.
4 Chicken Breast, skinless and boneless
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp butter
2-4 Oranges, Supremed (using a sharp knife slice off the top and bottom of each orange, then following the natural curve of the orange from top to bottom, using the knife remove the outer skin and pith, once you have that removed, cut out each segment of orange into a bowl leaving the membrane of each section behind. Squeeze all the extra juice and pulp from the orange into the bowl. discard the core and pithy part left in your hand.) set this aside.
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp butter
- Heat a 3qt Saute pan, or 12 inch stainless fry pan, on high heat
- Add the EVOO and 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper both sides of your chicken breast well, not a time to be shy.
- Place each chicken breast into your pan and depending on the thickness cook 8-10 minutes per side, or until no longer raw in the center.
- Remove the cooked chicken breast to a plate
- Add in the Orange segments and all their juice, Sugar, and 1 Tbsp butter- stir to combine with all the pan juices.
- Add back in your Chicken and cook another 1-2 minutes while basting the chicken in the sauce, if you like it saucier then add in some chicken broth or evan water and cook until you reach your desired consistancy.